When to book your wedding photographer and videographer:
It is recommended to book your wedding photographer as soon as you have set your wedding date and have a general idea of your wedding plans. Popular photographers can book up quickly, so it is best to secure your desired photographer as early as possible, ideally at least 6 to 12 months in advance of your wedding date.
How to choose the best wedding photographer for you?
Here are some ways to find a wedding photographer that fits your style:
- Look at online portfolios: Many photographers have websites where you can view their portfolios to get a sense of their style. Look for photographers whose work aligns with the style you are looking for. Instagram is also great sign they are actively taking on clients.
- Turn around time for your photos: When do you receive your wedding photos? Our turn around time is 4-6 weeks with a sneak peak with in 5 days of your wedding day.
- Ask for recommendations: Ask recently married friends or family members for recommendations on photographers they used and liked.
- Search for photographers in your area: Even if you get married abroad, having a photographer that's near you means it's easier to get a hold of, meet up, and confidence they won't disappear after your wedding day. We travel abroad for destination weddings. This means we can connect while we're both in town and will return to your home town where we will edit and deliver your gallery.
- Meet in person or hop on a call/ facetime: Once you have narrowed down your list of potential photographers, schedule a meeting with them to discuss your wedding plans and to see if they will be the right fit for you.
- Ask to see full weddings galleries: It's important to see full weddings galleries and not just the best of the best images, so you can see how they work throughout a whole day, and not only in the best light conditions.
- Look for compatibility: Make sure your personalities and communication styles are compatible with your photographer, as you'll be working closely together on the day.