When to book your wedding photographer and videographer:
It is recommended to book your wedding photographer as soon as you have set your wedding date and have a general idea of your wedding plans. Popular photographers can book up quickly, so it is best to secure your desired photographer as early as possible, ideally at least 6 to 12 months in advance of your wedding date.
Here are some ways to find a wedding photographer that fits your style:
- Look at online portfolios: Many photographers have websites where you can view their portfolios to get a sense of their style. Look for photographers whose work aligns with the style you are looking for. Instagram is also great sign they are actively taking on clients.
- Ask for recommendations: Ask recently married friends or family members for recommendations on photographers they used and liked.
- Search for photographers in your area: You can use search engines or wedding directories to find photographers in your area.
- Meet in person or hop on a call/ facetime: Once you have narrowed down your list of potential photographers, schedule a meeting with them to discuss your wedding plans and to see if they will be the right fit for you.
- Ask to see full weddings galleries: It's important to see full weddings galleries and not just the best of the best images, so you can see how they work throughout a whole day, and not only in the best light conditions.
- Look for compatibility: Make sure your personalities and communication styles are compatible with your photographer, as you'll be working closely together on the day.